One thing every Oregonian (and visitor to Oregon) should know – we never let a little liquid sunshine get us down! Spring is a lovely time of year to visit McMinnville, Oregon and with so many things to do in McMinnville like events, shopping, wine tasting, and other activities you certainly won’t find yourself twiddling your thumbs – even if the weather is less than ideal.
- Wine tasting, wine tasting – and, did we mention wine tasting? With nearly 20 tasting rooms in walkable distance along McMinnville’s historic downtown and award-winning Third Street, not to mention many more options surrounding the town in the lush hills of Oregon Wine Country’s McMinnville AVA, the wine lover in your group can sip the rainy day away.
- Get your splash on… At the McMinnville water park! The Evergreen Wings & Waves Waterpark is an indoor, all season educational water park includes a wave pool, fun water exhibits, and ten waterslides – including one out of a real Boeing 747 on the roof. You don’t have to be a kid to enjoy this!
- Shop ‘til you drop. Boutiques abound in this charming town. With options for accessories, books, clothes, spa services and much more, you can check out McMinnville’s shopping choices during an otherwise dreary afternoon. And, you just might meet some friendly locals while you’re at it!
- SIP the day away. Each March, McMinnville hosts the SIP! Wine & Food Classic, held at Evergreen Aviation Museum. Enjoy wine tasting from 70+ wineries, local food from local restaurants, gifts, and feel good about it – the entire wine event benefits the children of St. James School. There’s all kinds of events going on year round – check ’em out!
- Stay in – it’s okay, we won’t judge. McMinnville hotels and boutique lodging options make staying in a delight. From minimalist options to posh flats and historic bed and breakfast lodging spots, relaxing indoors with a glass of local wine and a good book might be just the ticket.
- Speaking of tickets… In the mood for a snack and a show? Catch both at once! McMenamins Hotel Oregon frequently hosts live music, and at 3rd Street Pizza you can grab a slice and catch the latest new release movies.
We’ll look forward to seeing you in McMinnville – rain or shine!