If the places to explore, drink wine and fine-dine on a daily basis in McMinnville, Oregon aren’t enough to keep you busy for days, there also are dozens of community events that happen throughout the year.
Most people know about the UFO festival that happens in May, but here are some other fun activities that draw visitors to McMinnville:
- The International Pinot Noir Celebration takes place in late July on the Linfield College campus.
- The Wine & Food Classic is a bright spot in March and takes place at the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum.
- Turkey Rama happens each year in mid-July and includes a running race, a giant barbecue and a street fare.
- Relative newcomer event Lemonade Day is in April and seeks to inspire the entrepreneurial spirit in McMinnville children.
- In October, local artists from throughout Yamhill County open their studios to share their art with visitors for the Art Harvest Studio of Yamhill County.